• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Color Painter

Robert M

Anyone using a new Seiko Color Painter H-104S? They Claim 1000 square feet an hour of sellable output using a new type print head.

wildside

i thought HP bought out Sieko, and the color painter became the HP10000 or some stuff like that

i didn't like the color painter myself, it is a little touchy with the alignment of media when loading and everything, personal thing i think

D

Digitall

Seiko makes printer heads for a lot of machines sold all over the world. . Reading further it does say in the History tag that there is a Seiko Epson Corporation

TheProfessor

HP did buy Seiko and the seiko colorpainter 64S became the HP 9000s... as for the rest of anything else... I don't know...

Robert M

Seiko

The way I understand it, HP had the rights to sell the Color Painters (HP9000,HP8000, etc) but they did not renew the contract. Now Seiko is back selling the Color Painter under the original Seiko name.

QuickSignsSA

The way I understand it, HP had the rights to sell the Color Painters (HP9000,HP8000, etc) but they did not renew the contract. Now Seiko is back selling the Color Painter under the original Seiko name.

How much are they going for? Do you sell them?

PSG

Robert M has this one correct.

I recently posted this from Wide-FormatImaging.com

Original Thread here:
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44278

Seiko I Infotech to Expand Product Portfolio

January 6th, 2009

Seiko I Infotech (SIIT) has announced it has plans to expand its product portfolio for outdoor graphics worldwide.

SIIT has decided not to continue the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) agreement with Hewlett-Packard to jointly develop and market low solvent-based wide-format printers for the outdoor graphics printing market beyond December, 2008. Beginning January, 2009, SIIT will provide a wider range of products not only with its existing technology, but also with new technologies.

"We are committed to developing an extensive product line for the graphics market to meet our customers' needs. An entry-level production printer will be introduced in spring 2009 in addition to other new products, to follow on the heels of the recently introduced ColorPainter H-104s and H-74s mild solvent printers and continue in the SIIT tradition of excellent engineering and outstanding performance."

www.seiko-i.com

This information provided courtesy
www.wide-formatimaging.com

wonsngis

FYI- HP did not buy the Seiko Infotech corporation. HP purchased rights for Seiko to manufacture the Colorpainter 64s and 104s and re-brand them as the HP 9000s and 10000s.

Seiko Infotech, the manufacturer of these printers, is seperate from the Seiko-Epson portion of the Seiko Group. The CP64S/104S/9000S/10000S doesn't even use seiko/epson heads. They use Konica Minolta heads.

All the info you need about Seiko Infotech and the Colorpainter printers can be found at www.seiko-i.com

As for the new Colorpainter, I haven't seen it in person yet, but I'm excited to check it out.

I asked our HP rep if he thought they'd purchase the new colorpainter from Seiko. His response was, 'I think we're done buying things for awhile'.

Robert M

Seiko

That may be the 74". I hear a 64" is not far behind. It appears that HP is going green and spending their time developing the latex inks starting at grand format and working down in size. You have to think that if they are successful they will be pushing for stronger environmental controls on solvent inks.

Blaz

We have H-104s for one month and only I can tell that is excellent. The speed of 100 sqm/h is true but only if you print 104" rolls, if you turn of "smart pass" you can print with speed of 120 sqm/h.
I love it! :)

If you have any questions, just ask!

here is one short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzB6GsQ2NM

Last edited:

nate

Is the H-104s still treating you well? I'm looking to purchase one within the next month. My only hesitation is lack of a user base due to it being so new. However, the Seiko/Colorpainter name/brand is well respected and I'd assume that my concern should prove to be non-existent.

We have H-104s for one month and only I can tell that is excellent. The speed of 100 sqm/h is true but only if you print 104" rolls, if you turn of "smart pass" you can print with speed of 120 sqm/h.
I love it! :)

If you have any questions, just ask!

here is one short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzB6GsQ2NM

DRamm76

Unfortunately I can't sell the machine to any of you since you're out of TyrrellTech's territory but I CAN say that I have seen the machine PERSONALLY and it is EVERYTHING they say it is..if only this machine could cut too...It's AMAZING..I advise you to contact your dealers and just hear what they have to say once they've seen it

Robert M

Seiko

Nate

I am selling them in Colorado, so if you are within 500 miles and need a quote, let me know.

Blaz

Is the H-104s still treating you well? I'm looking to purchase one within the next month. My only hesitation is lack of a user base due to it being so new. However, the Seiko/Colorpainter name/brand is well respected and I'd assume that my concern should prove to be non-existent.

The seiko is doing excellent job for this 6 months and I'm still fascinated with speed and quality! For now it's printed more than 8000 sqm. Price of ink per sqm is about 1,5 - 2$ if is print full covered.