• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Color Painter

bossprint

Price per sq ft/meter

What rip are you using. I have the same printer and my rip is saying that I am using 2-4 times that amount of ink. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

TonyBPS

Been using the new Seiko m64

Been running the new m64 from seiko.

Using Onyx 11 rip

very fast machine, colors are splendid, production mode is very fast and meets quick print turnaround times.

Some issues are:

Onyx rip 11 has two different types of profiles (vivid and natural for the M64) (Onyx rip 11 issue)

the vivid profiles (running adobe1998 rgb and us web coated cmyk icc) misinterpret the greys and black sometimes giving you a very grainy grey or magenta cast on the black/grey print or sometimes even a green hue instead of RGB black. (Onyx rip 11 issue)

we using the v64 icc profiles to work around some of the issues we encounter with the artwork. (Onyx rip 11 issue)

PVC lighter than the 550 i would print with caution as the heater runs at 55degC and does stretch the pvc causing the sides to rise and rewarding you with tons of head strikes specially the moment the PVC roll has too much tension ( a work around is to ensure the roll has always got slack on it and isnt sticking to it self or causing drag as its going through the printer).

We are getting tons of roller marks due to overspray from the heads building up on the rollers ( still trying to work around that one)

The moment your head starts to drop out when you do a test print after its been sitting iddle (even after a clean) make sure your tech is alerted as the M64 has had a large number of issues with the capping unit from factory (its been sorted out once they sent a new replacement unit)

The machine needs a fair amount of daily maintenance and does quite a bit of self cleaning and the operator needs to do a monthly 8 hour clean (works stops for those 8 hours) it also uses a few cleaning consumables every quarter.

But overall i would suggest the M64 to anyone but just make sure you buy it from a reputable dealer that can back it up with a no nonsense service package and they are fully trained by seiko to attend to your needs.

BTW if you dont work in a warm environment like 30 degrees Celsius plus, i would suggest you get an additional dryer for the ink as this monster prints so fast and in collaboration with vivid profiles that the ink doesn't have enough time to dry as its being taken up by the roller, just a warning :)

happy printing.

danno

Tony,

We are running 2 HP9000's and are attempting to get our act together to demo an M series. Is the maintenance anymore than the 9000? We currently clean morning and evening. If the humidity drops, we will add a lunchtime clean.

d fleming

Any machine running solvent ink needs maintenance daily. Period. Over the weekend when you are closed and not printing or even overnight it needs to run maintenance cycle to keep ink flowing through heads and lines. I would never walk away from a screen in the shop with solvent (corogloss in my case) ink in it or on the squeegees and treat my digital printer with the same respect.