• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko ColorPainter 64S capping station not capping.

clock-work

Hi Friends, my colourpainter initialize but when the head carriage goes back to the capping station the capping station doesn't move up to cap the head carriage. Thus anyone have an idea what the problem is? I have changed the capping station thinking it's the problem but no, the problem persist. Kindly help please.

wunder

yes i think the rod is worn...it is a bearing that works follow......left side rotating is to uncap/cap and right side rotating is working the inkpump..... if working to pump the bearing is free and left side rotating it will hold the rod an lift up aso....

Change the rod and all fine...

clock-work

Seiko ColorPainter capping station not capping

Thanks guys, I also have replaced it with a complete capping station which was removed from another working seiko, the problem is same, it uncaps but refused to cap. The unit I removed from it was fitted to another printer and it works fine. I think the problem is beyond the capping station itself.

clock-work

Seiko ColorPainter 64S not capping

open her up and see what the gear/belt does when its SUPPOSED to lift
Thanks guys, I also have replaced it with a complete capping station which was removed from another working seiko, the problem is same, it uncaps but refused to cap. The unit I removed from it was fitted to another printer and it works fine. I think the problem is beyond the capping station itself.

averias

are all the cables to capping station plugged?, it seems that there is no voltage coming to capping station motor, in maintenance mode there is a section for motors, inside that menu there is a section for cap motor, I'd check if I've voltage in this motor (I don't remember at this moment if it's 12VDC or 24VDC), you can also check in that menu if the prime pumps are working.

clock-work

Seiko ColorPainter capping station not capping

Okay friends , I will do other checks again and get back with the result soon. Thanks for keeping my hope alive.

Dtay

M64S Color painter capping station

We just had our capping station replaced as there was a flaw in how it was built and we were told they have made a new part to address this. The first symptom we had was all kinds of banding, then the machine stopped and gave us a random error code. The tech came in and replaced the capping station. Today we had another error code 2320, it was the wiping station. That whole part now has been replaced. Fingers crossed that is it for now. We are still experiencing a little banding and are hoping a sheet clean will remedy it. I heard the tech mention that the wiper cleaning fluid breaks down the parts as they are all plastic.