• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko ColorPainter 64s HELP!

mikek

I am new to wide format digital printing. I am the sole operator of an aging colorpainter 64. I know almost less than nothing about this machine, just had a tech replace Magenta head, now i need to RE-Align printheads, but have no idea how. Anyone know of any websites or places that have usefull maintence and or user info, I have the manuel however it is mostly a Heiarchy of the menue, it is usless in explaining the usefullness for any settings (example) I have no ballpark idea of where my heaters need to be, i know diff for every material, but hotter for thicker materials? lower for thinners, is there any rule of thumb to help get started in the right direction? Any help is GREATLY appreciated, I Have been offerd NO training so it is all hit or miss for me, but i don't even know where to start. Thank you all in advance for your help!

acothran

Please send me a PM and I will be glad to send you an alignment procedure PDF that was sent to me by Seiko.

Allen

mikek

Thank you very much Allen! Just finished the alignment, will be printing a test subject soon, and yeah, the yellow is invisible! thanks, again, Mike.

Rodan68

When a tech came by to change our heads, he used a blue LED light so he could see the yellow lines better. Just a thought I'd pass that along.

mikek

Thank you, wish i had one, but i will keep this in mind if i come across one, that yellow is very hard to see! thanks, again, Mike.