• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Colorpainter 64S Stops Printing

digitalsoup

Our Seiko will start printing a job, print about the first four inches, and then just stop. The status on the printer and in Onyx both say "Printing" still. I have to cancel the job on both the printer and close out Onyx just to clear out the job. I've asked a few technicians about this and was told to check the SCSI cable and the SCSI card. I've switched out the cable to a different one and the SCSI card on the printer seems to be working okay but I'm not 100% sure. I've also swapped out the WIM1 card in the printer. Any ideas? Also, has anyone tried using a SCSI to USB adapter for one of these printers or one like it? Thanks!

cmwpmm

We were having a similar issue and it turned out the cable itself was bad. Replaced that and things started working again.