• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Colorpainter 64s

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
I am looking to purchase a Colorpainter being sold locally. I took a look at it today and it had an "Engine Error 11E0" on the LCD. I am going to call a service provider somewhat locally to see what they say about it. Im sure it will cost a small fortune if they have to come out to take a look at it. I can not find much info on Seiko or HP anywhere. I hear they are very nice machines but just not as popular as the Roland, Mimaki, and Mutohs out there. Has anyone had any experience with this problem? Does anyone have a copy of the service manual for this machine?

1leonchen

try sign supply usa i think they were the dealer but they changed to prover i think. that printer cost a lot to maintain but its fast and pretty decent pepare for banding lines and smell worked with one for a coupple years at my first job love to do head strikes. capping fluid and wiping fluid are expensive. every time it strikes the head that 50 bucks in ink. dont let it sit too long u might lose a head and they arent cheap. i hated that printer with a passion. but my oppnion dosent count

1leonchen

also u have to keep it online at all times with media loaded. dont know much about the error usually shutting down the printer and flipping the liiite lever under the ink carts on the right which is the me lever.usually clears most codes. the original owners always hid the manual from me.but i always had to fix it.never got paid for it either. errors usualy involves the following media sensor,wiper station sensor wind sensor or me lever trip. hope this helps.

1leonchen

if u do get it running u have to clen it every morning. pepare to buy cleaning swabs or if u got cheap lke my previous employers did lint free paper towel to clean capping staion and wiper station. i swabb per head every other day.

MachServTech

I have worked with Seiko's for a long time. Has the machine been powered off for a long time? A possible way to clear the error is to hold the cancel and shift while powering up, then enter the maintenance mode by using shift, up, down, right then restart. Regardless it might be a good idea (just like with a car) to have it checked out by a tech before you make the purchase. (especially if you are planning on spending more than 10,000)

robr

freedom decals

i have a hp 9000 for sale less than a year old. you can call me at 815-806-8172 thanks rob

Rodan68

I have a pdf of the service manual. PM me and I'll send it to you. I've had the machine for about 4 years now and only had to replace one head out of warranty. Parts and labor was around $2000. Other than that we've had no problems. OEM inks are expensive too. Prints come out great!

d fleming

Are you sure it's not an 1160 engine error? If it is that is a wiper error. Most likely the little switch cover is trashed with solvent. Remove cover, place switch and go. My machine has been giving me great service for over 4 years.

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Thanks for the feedback. I will try the error bypass! I talked to one tech and he said that Engine Error comes automatically when the machine is powered down for longer than 1 month. The machine was literally unplugged from the wall. At least I can take a look at how bad heads / inklines are.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have compatible seiko64s ink for $129/ ink bag and chip. It takes couple minutes to swap out the old ink bag. Many FastSigns owners can be our references. They've been using it for quiet a while.

Francis Kao
Fieldcenter Inc
(949)209-7306
s. California

Printhead

Anyone could help me figure how much a 5 years old Seiko 64s is worth? We're looking to clear a little space here and maybe let the Seiko go. It's pretty clean and still prints good. I changed one head, a few caps, dampers and the wiper switch in the last year.
I'm just curious about how much we could get for it.

Thanks guys.