• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko H2-74S Head aligning

ikarasu

Good afternoon!

One color on my CP has really bad deflected nozzles. I was quoted around $4000 for a new one (Canadian), So I figured before I fork out the money for that, I'd try to clean the nozzles myself. I purchased a Sonic cleaner, And plan on trying to sonic clean the heads (Some have success...some don't. But what do I have to lose?!).

I have the service manual for the H-74s, everything seems pretty easy to do. It's the Head alignment that has me concerned. At least in the H-74s, it uses pins to re-align the heads... not just a screwdriver. I haven't opened it up yet... I'm waiting for the machine to get some downtime before I start.

Has anyone here done an alignment / have some tips / tricks for it? I've read a few people have done it... and it's just a lot of frustrating trial and error with turning screws and re-positioning. I was told by a tech that by turning the screw to the head your trying to align, will also move/push the other heads, and knock them out of alignment.

Anyways... any tips / info would be appreciated! I'm aware I'll most likely have to buy the new head, and get the tech to install it. I'm just trying to be more of a DIYer, and I figured since the heads already dead... now would be the best time to play with it (Can't damage it more!).