• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko ink in hp8000

tbullo

Superunknown
Has anybody switched to using the Seiko ink? I've been told that it's the same ink as the HP ink. Pictures I've seen of the cartridge and the packaging looks the same. I was buying direct from HP for a while then they jumped the price up. Grimco has the Seiko cartridges for much cheaper.

d fleming

The cartridges are different. Ink same. I may be wrong but I am fairly sure you won't be able to put the cart in the machine. Perhaps a 3rd party like from Nazdar?

dmcprint

The Seiko and HP printers are different in terms of ink cartridges. The cartridges themselves are different, with different notches for inserting into the machine. They also have different chips on the cartridges because the firmware is different in each of these printers. Nazdar does offer an ink for the Seiko ColorPainter (Lyson 564) and the HP 9000 & 10000 (Lyson 910).

tbullo

Superunknown
I went ahead with buying the Seiko cartridges. As far as I can tell they are exactly the same. They even come in the same packaging as the HP ink. All notches match up as well. I called Seiko(and Grimco) before making my move to buy these. I was told that it is the same ink as the HP780 cartridges and required no firmware, flushing or anything. I have since gone through a couple of sets of the Seiko ink and can say that I see no difference in the quailty or smell. I have attached a few pics comparing the two brands.

Attachments

• cart1.jpg
    cart1.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 105
  • cart2.jpg
    cart2.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 138
  • cart3.jpg
    cart3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 119

Jack Raven

Super Active Member
Seiko Inks

I seem to have lost my magenta printhead since using the Seiko inks from Grimco.... are you still happy with the inks? Thanks

jaferrer1

Hello Tbullo!

We also have an HP Designjet 8000 and we just arrived to he same place you did when you decided to change to SEIKO Ink Cartridges. Just a question, did you have to disable the ink % monitoring in your Hp8000 when you change to Seiko IP5 cartridges?

tbullo

Superunknown
The Seiko ink is 100 percent plug and play. We have been using them for months now with no problems. My understanding is that the HP ink is actually Seiko ink branded for HP.

jaferrer1

Highly appreciate your confirmation. That's what I've been reading but nothing better than confirming with a real user. I'm not a high expert but I'll be more than happy to share our experience on this printer. Best regards an thanks again!