• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Printer info

JWM

Hi new to this place but I have seen a Seiko Color Painter 64s on sale for 5500. The seller claims that it is a great machine for vehicle wraps which i will be doing primarily. He also is saying that the ink used is the longest lasting in the industry and that it doesnt require lamination. I have a two part question. First of all how is this brand of printer as it is the only one i have seen in a while that i do not recognize the name. Secondly is that a true story about the lamination. As all my research states that vehicle wraps must be laminated for two reasons. For ease of install and for longevity of ink from fading. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

J Hill Designs

yep you should laminate all wraps.

Seiko CP64S is a solid machine, but old. new heads are roughly $1500 and there are 6 of them.

johnnysigns

We have one here. If you like banding and putting a large portion of the ink you're buying into the waste bottle, this is your machine.

I'd personally look elsewhere.

boxerbay

We have one here. If you like banding and putting a large portion of the ink you're buying into the waste bottle, this is your machine.

I'd personally look elsewhere.

+1 - that machine is a bit old. i used to run one. lots of banding then lots of cleaning to get rid of banding. if you have enough volume of work it would be better to take that $5500 and put a down payment on a new machine with low monthly payments.

johnnysigns

When it's printing well it does a good job, but the amount of wasted ink through overly cleaning/purging and wasting media from stopping and going to address the banding it's not something I would consider.

In the last 8 months we've put roughly (15) 50yd rolls of adhesive backed vinyl through the press and I can't say we've gotten an entire roll to print w/out having to stop midway through something and restart to address the banding.

ChicagoGraphics

Like in all brands of printers, some people dislike and other's love them. I think it's more human error then the machine in it's self.

What part of Chicago you in.

HulkSmash

i have 2 hp 9000's... (Exact same machine, different tag on it)

ink is now about $220 a cartridge. 20% of it goes straight to the waste bottle. And it bands worse then AIDS... You have to clean it every like.. 12 feet of print. I hate them. Which is why i upgraded. And yes, you still need to laminate wraps. If you don't you're wraps wont last, and you wont find anyone who would want to work for you to install them.

so............................. want to buy mine?