• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko Printer Maintenance vs. Latex

Hi everyone.

We currently have two HP latex printers and were thinking about getting a faster printer in the future. Seiko came out but I am not extremely familiar with these printers. My question is how much daily maintenance has to be performed with the Seiko.
Currently with our HP printers there is very little maintenance that we do aside from clean and lubricate the slide rails, once a week.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Matt-Tastic

Any solvent printer requires regular maintenance. Unless Seiko has come out with something I'm not aware of, it will be a true solvent printer, which will require daily maintenance. Some people will do it weekly or a few times a week, but it should be performed daily.

That being said, its only about 5 mins a day, and not that difficult. It's more care than your used to, but it's not like it's a terrible burden you're burdening yourself with. Solvent printers a great, and if you care for them and maintain them properly, will run problem free for years. I've seen a 7 Year old JV3 with 3 of 4 original heads.

wunder

my top favorit for Solvent Printer is Still the EPSON SURECOLOR......the best choice !!!! better as the HP Latex, best Quality, cheaper, better Profit, faster and finally......THE BEST this time !!! This is the answer from Solvent to Latex.....

regards
wunder