• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko W-64s print head issue

cmwpmm

Has anyone seen anything like this before? All of my heads are firing fine but one. It appears as though some nozzles aren't firing, but if you look closely, they are; just not in the right place. I've tried manually cleaning them and doing print head recoveries. That doesn't fix the problem, but it often does change which nozzles are misfiring. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 363
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 334
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 301
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 294

greysquirrel

That is deflection caused by old ink possibly clogged in the head...you can try to run cleaning solution through it...probrably end up needing a head

Chasez

I had that same issue not too long ago... took a lot of time and wasted ink to fix it. I just kept running heavy cleanings and it eventually came back, i still have 1 nozzle misfiring but doesn't cause any issues in quality/prints so I have just left it. I don't know if this will work in your situation but that's what worked for me.

Chaz

d fleming

Put cap solution in caps and do cap fill. Let soak overnight or over weekend. Couple heavy cleans and see if it changes.

5starwraps

That is deflection caused by old ink possibly clogged in the head...you can try to run cleaning solution through it...probrably end up needing a head

Deflection yes...But your heads are warranted for 2 years...or should be! And once you get the nozzles mostly clear you can remap 10 nozzles on each channel.