• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seiko W54s Magenta Head issue...nozzles not firing

LenXIII

So we have a fairly new Seiko W54S that has very low mileage on it. I am having communication issues with Seiko right now so I am hoping to start troubling shooting it in the mean time. The Black Yellow & Cyan heads operate flawlessly without a single missing nozzle. The magenta head however has a huge block of missing nozzles in the back left corner. If I do 2 cleanings or so on the machine I can either get the nozzles to come back entirely or come back but fire a little crooked. I finally got them all to come back and fire cleanly a couple days ago but after starting my very first print they went away again.

This machine is in very good shape had has hardly printed much. I take care of the machine well and do all required maintenance...this isn't my first machine. Is it really possible that these nozzles are in fact clogged...and if so why can I get them to unclog after several cleanings just for them to clog back up very fast. It is pretty much the same set of nozzles give or take a few...but always on the left row of nozzles in the head and towards the back half.

My tech at Seiko is not being very communicative or returning calls. I will escalate this soon, but I really don't have weeks to wait on them to take care of this. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. The cleaning stations appears to operate fine, the wiper and capping rubber is all in great shape and as far as I can tell the head is immaculate without a visible scratch. I bet this printer has less than 2000 square feet through it.

First, this post is in the wrong forum (Hewlett Packard).

Based on your description I would look at the capping station as the likely culprit. If the nozzles can be cleared, but clog again at a later time, the capping station is probably not making a good seal (misalignment alignment with nozzle plate or other related issue).

LenXIII

As far as I can tell there isn't a Seiko forum and Seiko makes a lot of the HPs (or vise versa) - is there a more accurate forum to post in?

In response to your suggestion - I initially thought the capping station to be the most likely issue, but if that was the case after I was able to unclog the nozzles they shouldn't reclog so fast even if the capping station wasn't working at all. I attempted a print right after a nozzle check showed them back and I lost them pretty much right away. They also appear to be deflecting as I am seeing lots of magenta spray in other colors. The capping station looks to be in mint condition, but I suppose there could be a very minor defect causing it not to seal properly.