Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selecting by color

Discussion in 'Corel' started by BIG_RED, Oct 17, 2006.

1. BIG_RED

BIG_RED New Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to select all the objects in a file that have the same fill color or stroke color. Like in Illustrator you have alot of selection options to get a hold of whatever you want real quick. I know that omega and signlab also have easy ways to select everything with the same fill. It's got to be there somewhere right? where should i look?

thanks
    steve.

Tags:
  2. Geary

Geary Very Active Member

AI is the only program I've ever worked with that can "select same fill" or "select same stroke" colors....etc.

~Gear

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Omega can do that. I'm 99% sure signlab & flexi can as well, but I couldn't tell you where to look. I'd be very surprised if Corel couldn't do it too.

4. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Edit tab > Find and Replace > Find objects > Begin new search > Fills

should get you there

wayne k
    guam usa

5. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB
    as per Wayne K and also visually via the Object Manager: Tools > Object Manager...
    ...click the + sign to expand the layer; Ctrl-click the items to select all of the same colour then select any other colour in the palette to change them all...or perform any other operation on the selection :)

6. BIG_RED

BIG_RED New Member

Oct 15, 2006
    hey wayne thanks for the tip, that find wizard is pretty neato although not quite as streamline as i had hoped but it will work for me.
    hey whats up niner, yeah i love the object manager i use it all the time its just hard when you have a bungload of curves and objects all over the place ya know.

7. DRPSignsNGrafix

DRPSignsNGrafix Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    in flexi it's as easy as clicking edit,select by attributes, then select what you want fill,stroke,effect,shape.