• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Selecting by color

BIG_RED

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to select all the objects in a file that have the same fill color or stroke color. Like in Illustrator you have alot of selection options to get a hold of whatever you want real quick. I know that omega and signlab also have easy ways to select everything with the same fill. It's got to be there somewhere right? where should i look?

thanks
steve.

Geary

AI is the only program I've ever worked with that can "select same fill" or "select same stroke" colors....etc.

~Gear

iSign

Omega can do that. I'm 99% sure signlab & flexi can as well, but I couldn't tell you where to look. I'd be very surprised if Corel couldn't do it too.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Edit tab > Find and Replace > Find objects > Begin new search > Fills

should get you there

wayne k
guam usa

2NinerNiner2

as per Wayne K and also visually via the Object Manager: Tools > Object Manager...
...click the + sign to expand the layer; Ctrl-click the items to select all of the same colour then select any other colour in the palette to change them all...or perform any other operation on the selection :)

BIG_RED

hey wayne thanks for the tip, that find wizard is pretty neato although not quite as streamline as i had hoped but it will work for me.
hey whats up niner, yeah i love the object manager i use it all the time its just hard when you have a bungload of curves and objects all over the place ya know.