• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Selecting objects in Flexi

brycesteiner

I've created plenty of things in Flexi but I'm at a loss on how to select objects in Flexi that are behind other things such as a contour cut. In Indesign, Illustrator etc., I hold down control (or command) and click until I get the object I'm looking for. Is there any kind of equivalent in Flexi? I've searched the help and I find it nearly useless for most things.
Thanks!
Bryce

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
There's a couple of ways to select object that live behind other objects.

One is to select the desired object in the Design Editor dialog, that would be the one with the list of all of the objects. Once you've selected the name in the list then click on the marquee of the actual object in the desktop and from then it's yours to command. The downside is that you have to know which object you want from a list of monotonically named items.

Another is by creative use of the object selection marquee. Make sure that Edit->Preferences->Tools->Select Tool->Drag Select is set to 'By Fully Enclosing'. The start at a spot completely outside of ever object and drag the selection marquee such that the only object completely surrounded by the marquee is the one you want. Sometimes you end up picking up and object or two that you don't want. Just deselect them by ctl-left click on their respective marquees.