• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

selecting strokes in flexi

waximoff

I'm wondering if anyone knows a good way to select the fills only in flexi. I have a problem getting a good black output on strokes.
Its easy to click on an object then select all similar colors so I can change the fill color to my "good" black. However there is no option, that I know of, to select the strokes of an object so I can change those also.

Any ideas?

mbarden

Under your edit drop down choose select and then you have a bunch of options under there. Same Attribute, Same Color, Same etc.
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

waximoff

right, thats what I use to select my fills (same color). However that doesn't apply to the strokes. In illy, the same menu offers "same fill color, same stroke and fill, and same stroke"

Barber

Go to the "Fill/Stoke editor" You can change stroke color there plus other things you might.

mbarden

Look a little deeper.
Lets say you have 4 object on screen and they all have a black stroke and you want to change it to a yellow stroke.
-Select one of you objects that has the black stroke.
-Click youe Edit drop doen and scroll down to Select
-Choose Select By Attribute. An Attribute Dialogue will display.
-Choose the Stroke tab within the Attribute Dialogue.
-Place Checkmaek to the left of the stroke color you wish to select (In this case Balck) This will select all of the black strikes within the design.
-Now you can change the color of all the strokes at one time using the Fill/Stroke Editor.

Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

waximoff

I have no problem changing one stroke at a time, but in a run that consists of 50 inches of various art work, that can be a tedious chore. i was hoping someone knew how to select all the stokes of one color at a time..

PMG

Cant this also be done by going to View then View filter and turning all colors off that you don't want to change then select all and all the objects you want at one time and change the color?

celysigns

You First Need To Convert Your Strokes To Outlines(convert Stroke Lines To Vector), From There You Will Be Able To Select By Clicking The Similar Color Option

thewood

If your "good black" is in your swatch table, then when you add a black stroke to an object, it will use your "good black", no? Unless this is a supplied file--in which case I would convert the strokes to outlines.