• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Self-Employed / Small Business Disaster Relief ($10,000 grant)

The Doo

The Sign Lady
Texas Signmaker: My understanding is that for Self-Employed in the State of Texas, we first have to apply for and be denied unemployment benefits through TWC...which is a fiascos all by itself. Only then can you apply for disaster relief - unless this is something completely different. Filled it out anyway. We'll see if I end up in handcuffs anytime soon :)[/QUOTE]

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Texas Signmaker: My understanding is that for Self-Employed in the State of Texas, we first have to apply for and be denied unemployment benefits through TWC...which is a fiascos all by itself. Only then can you apply for disaster relief - unless this is something completely different. Filled it out anyway. We'll see if I end up in handcuffs anytime soon :)
[/QUOTE]

Lol, with all the confusing information no one knows, I don't think they'd have enough to arrest us!

On another note, I talked to my bank and they said that even though I am a sole owner w/o payroll I can still file under PPP. I just take my net profit for the last tax year and use that as my income. I had to reduce it to $100,000 so the max monthly was $8333. I went ahead and filed under that so we'll see what happens.

NZMaker

In NZ I filled out a five-question online form, then five days later $8k in the bank - for 10 weeks, which will be renewed if we lock-down further.

sole trader, no employees

signsvisual

Has anyone received the funding in their bank account for this yet? I filled out the application and it generated a code number but I never received a confirmation email from anyone once I submitted the application. Is that normal?

letterman7

Has anyone received the funding in their bank account for this yet? I filled out the application and it generated a code number but I never received a confirmation email from anyone once I submitted the application. Is that normal?

Yep:
You will not receive an email confirmation of your application submission. You will be notified through the email address you submitted (xxxx@xxxx ) when we are processing your application. We expect this to take about a week.

Please write down your application number or print this page for your records.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Most people here won't be able to read that article because you have to have a subscription but I have one. But yea, it mentioned a change of heart on the "$10,000". Seems it's much less now. I posted a link to a podcast interview w/ SBA yesterday and the guy explained that. This was the first time I've seen that change.
Anything on the PPP? Or was it them just backtracking on the 10k saying that it is now up to 10k?

Mainframe

If I am correct, this is actually considered a loan, does anyone know what we have to do to turn it into a forgivable grant?

binki

We applied for and received a confirmation number for the EIDL grant but haven't seen a penny of it.