• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Self Healing Cutting Mats

James Chrimes

I am looking to build a 4'x12' work table for the shop and need to find the best source for Self Healing Cutting Mats. Any leads? thanks

dirttoo

I just got mine from SpeedPress. I got a 4' x 12' and had them cut it to 40" x 12'. Awesome fast delivery.

Mosh

+speedpress. I have two 5'x10's back to back on our 20' table. They work great, had them for 6-7 years...maybee more than that even.

Tony McD

I had three of the speedpress mats at my old job (24' table)
Used them for over 7 years. Had the grid printed right on them.

Went on my own in 2002 and bought one for my 4x8 table.
This one came with a separate grid on thin plastic you lay underneath.
It's fine till using it. You can flip them when needed.

Since they come rolled up, it might take a day or two for it to lay flat.

I set my heat gun on it "one time" .... made it balloon up a little in a 4" area.
After you use them a while, there may be little sharp spikes show up from cutting.
Just slice them off with a razor blade.

Never used any other than the speedpress brand, so can't really say others might be just as good for less money.

Last edited:
Got a Rhino mat the other day from NGlantz..very reasonably priced...I thought I would be clever and design a grid with .5 inch squares and number the sides, and mark 12 inch sections..

I printed it on our UV flatbed and it looks great..unfortunately my awesome grid doesn't hold up well to scraping and cutting...DOH! But it feels nice to the touch lol