• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

semi pricing

dortonracing

ok i have a guy that brought in his truck and this is what he wanted. He wanted to match one of his other trucks done. We did the job and bill came out to $400 we did the door logos, strips, and gvw 2 colors on everything. had to special order a color also that we will never use again most likely. Did we over price or does this sound pretty good, the guy is freaking out thinking it was way high.

Attachments

• IMG_20110418_163900.jpg
    IMG_20110418_163900.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 100

Jackpine

ok i have a guy that brought in his truck and this is what he wanted. He wanted to match one of his other trucks done. We did the job and bill came out to $400 we did the door logos, strips, and gvw 2 colors on everything. had to special order a color also that we will never use again most likely. Did we over price or does this sound pretty good, the guy is freaking out thinking it was way high.
No, you're not too high.

Kottwitz-Graphics

No, you're not too high.

Yeah, your in the ball park. I assume that the strips wrap around the front and end into the grill, do they go all the way across the back of the cab?

If they did, your too low. If they end around the curve, I'd be somewhere in that neighborhood.

dortonracing

ths whole strip was 4in wide and 10ft long per side and the name was 18inch by 10inch. Thats pretty close to sizes. Now what's the best way to explain to the customer so he isn't so up set and don't lose him as customer. We do a lot of other work for this guy

trickedout

Well you should have gave him a quote before you even started the work? So if you price was in the range of your quote theres not much to say. If your a little over try explaining his colors were not normal and they needed to be special order. But If you quote a job for $350-$400 and it comes out to that range and he's upset well then he shouldnt have had it done.

J

john1

Your crazy, How DARE you try to make a living at $400 lol

These guys always crack me up, So cheap on things like this but yet gas is $5 a gallon and they go through $400 in a few days I'm sure.

I'd say you did well, Figure if you ordered 15" vinyl for this you had around $80 in 2 fresh rolls and 24" you have around $140 so profit was good on either one to be honest.