Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seminars, trade shows, conferences

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by davidcarr87, Sep 18, 2010.

1. davidcarr87

davidcarr87 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    where would someone find information like this around texas, I have asked 2 of my dealers this and they were unable to answer the question or they told me of the ones that have already passed. Im looking to learn about the stuff out there, maybe pick up some new vendors, catch some how to stuff..anyone have any advise?

Tags:
  2. Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder Very Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Texas
    The next Tradeshow in Texas is the NBM Show which will be held in Austin next year (2011), I think March 24-26... There is a SGIA show in Vegas next Month 13-15 and another NBM in Charlotte, NC November 4-6 of this year...

3. davidcarr87

davidcarr87 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    where does everyone find this info...maybe i should look for a new supplier sooner?? lol...
    i dont like the guy i deal with anyways :p

4. washingtonsignguy

washingtonsignguy Member

Mar 19, 2010
    You need to be more specific in the products you need. There are your general vinyl/sign suppliers like Fellers and signwarehouse, then there is like grimco, which is great for substrates, printed/non printed alluminum signage and brackets. I live up north so not much help for local suppliers, but like i use Midwest sign supply cause they are so close and is only a one day ship. I feel like you have to have that go to company in crunch situations to turn to that is close by. I would imagine there is lots of suppliers in texas. Whenever i need a new supplier for a certain product I always just google it and usually find something. Give it a few years and you will have two shelves full of catelogs, like i do and still getting crap in the mail for new ones. lol. Good luck

5. davidcarr87

davidcarr87 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    just everything in general---and my main question is where to find out about all of these shows, i have had people in the trade tell me that my supplier should tell me of all the shows etc coming up..but they dont know of any...
    just curious to where everyone else finds the info

6. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  7. davidcarr87

davidcarr87 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Fred, just the answers i was looking for, guess i didnt word it right for others..
    thanks a bunch :D