• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sepiax ink anybody?

iladi

one question for the ones that use sepiax ink. since my ink suplier for azon dts white ink is not reliable i'm thinking of buy ink from others. but i still don't know if i use sepiax or other brand in my printer.
actual ink smells like isopropilic alcohol, is opaque like a pigment ink, not transparent like a dye ink, and in the maintenance tank it is like a gel.
does anybody knows what azon uses in their printer?

rubo

so what is the question again? been using sepiax for a while, might be able to help but need to know what you asking.

Rubo

iladi

2 questions:

1. is azon dts white printer using sepiax ink?

2. how can i recocnize sepiax ink? (smell etc)

thanx 2CT, are you shure? i asked sepiax about azon printers and they say they don't know the brand.

rubo

Azon looks like hacked Epson 98xx series printer - look at the control panel - top right - on the printer body. So you can run SepiaX in it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It used to say it on their website, but now I can only find a few manufacturer videos referencing it. I had called and talked to them in the past about converting their texpro line to use sepiax but they had reserves about irritants in the inks.

rubo

converting any piezo head printer to run SepiaX is not a big deal - there are other issues to worry about - I f^%& up my printheads after 4 hours of non-stop printing - it was Epson 7800 - completely shot the printhead, nothing would come out. I'm guessing the heat that dries the ink on the media did just that - dried ink inside the printhead - so you want to be careful.

iladi

Actualy it is an modified epson 4880. And yes there is something iritant in the inks. Not the way an ecosolvent ink is. There is something else i cannot explain.

You must not exceed certain temperature while printing, oterways the ink dries in the printhead.

Anyway thnx for input. I will contact sepiax about their inks

iladi

this is what i receive about the ink in azon printer:

3. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
Ingredients CAS-No. EINECS Symbol Percent
Resin Trade Secret Trade Secret - 5%−10%
Pigment Trade Secret Trade Secret - 1%−5%
Dipropylene Glycol
Monomethyl Ether
34590-94-8 252-104-2 - 5%−10%
Propylene Glycol Monomethyl
Ether
107-98-2 203-539-1 Xi; R10, R 36
Warning: Flam. Liq. 3, H226
40%−50%
Diacetone Alcohol 123-42-2 204-626-7 Xi; R 36
Warning: Eye Irrit. 2, H319
10%−20%
Additive Trade Secret Trade Secret - 5%−10%
Surfactant Trade Secret Trade Secret - 0.1−1.0%

i wasn't abble to find MSDS about sepiax. does anybody knows if the components above match sepiax ink?

thanx,
Adrian

iladi

Actualy, it proves to be jetbest's magic inks in that printer. Just replaced azon's carts with epson 4880 refillables.