Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sergio no longer with AZ Color?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by ProWraps, Dec 1, 2009.

1. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    heard a little rumor that due to some parting of ways that he is going to be opening his own shop in AZ again. anyone else heard this?

Tags:
  2. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Please, not another "What's Sergio up to thread". Please, please, please. I beg you.

I'll name my first born ProWraps if needed.....

3. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    No, but it doesn't surprise me.

Everything that I have read or seen either directly from or about Sergio tells me that he absolutely cannot work for/be and underling to anyone.

Gary

4. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    I was already planning on giving that name to my first born.

5. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    He is no longer with AZ color...

6. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Whooooooooooooo CARES what he is doing!!!!!! :banghead:

I don't have anything against Sergio as I don't know the man but let him live his life and do whatever it is he wants too.

7. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Very Active Member

yeah I heard the same thing, only that he and tiger woods had some type of accident in a company vehicle and they wouldn't answer any of the bosses questions. oh well

8. ProWraps

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    i do and so do others. as a mouthpeice for the industry, online, in magazines, and at trade shows, some of us that MAKE A LIVING IN THE WRAP WORLD are interested. if you are not, then get lost. why even respond to this thread since you dont care so much?

btw, if you cant put 1 and 1 together, i will kindly explain to you why i and others care about what he says, vs. what he does.

9. rcook99

May 25, 2006
    NE
    First of all no argument was intended by my comments. Just stating a point no need to get defnesive. As stated above by you "i do and so do others" it looks like your the only one who cares by the lack of posts let alone the people making fun of the situation.

I have to ask you why is it you will let other people like him decide where and what your business is going to do! I believe this question pertains to this statement "btw, if you cant put 1 and 1 together, i will kindly explain to you why i and others care about what he says, vs. what he does." Feel free to explain it kindly as I don't do wraps nor do I care what he does in this business. Maybe I am missing something on this whole Sergio thing.

10. ProWraps

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    i and others (sorry if the entire site hasnt responded in the hour that it has been posted) care, because i read his articles. i look to what he says in sign and digital magazine, as advice to help my business. i participate in events like the wrap-off that he promotes. we paid to go to his classes at fellers. see what im getting at?

if he has put himself in a position of power if you will in the industry that i make a living in, and cant seem to hold a job at any of the places he promotes, then it may make me wonder about the advice that im being given in my trade publications that have him as a featured contributor. it also may make me think about the events that he promotes, and the certifications he endorses. again, see where im coming from?

im sorry if you think im defensive, but to come on a thread, and do nothing but say "who cares" is moronic and unecessary. if you dont care, dont post.

11. rcook99

May 25, 2006
    NE
    First off your explanation was very well put and I do see where you are coming from.

For you to make the above statement is quite amusing considering we are all entiteld to our opinion. And from the looks of the 143 views in the last hour or so it looks like there is not a whole lot of interest. Why don't we let it go now that we both know how we feel and enjoy the rest of the night.:toasting:

12. steve b

steve b Active Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Well I guess he may just be another statistic in todays economy.......Unemployment line for him...But I really don't care either

13. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I'll bet Mosh offered to undercut his salary by 50% and Sergio went to work for him.

wayne k
    guam usa

14. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Sergio is actually a really nice guy. His actions or voice tend to sway people both ways in the industry and those that are wrapping for a living could probably listen to him as.... Do as I say and not as I do.........

15. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    Gino,

That's been my take as well. he seems like a rather arrogant man, but he knows his stuff. As I said earlier in the thread, he doesn't seem like the kind of person who will ever be happy working FOR someone, or being in any one place for very long.

Gary

16. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    We didn't quit, I replaced him as the industry mouthpeice!!!!!

17. kev3232

kev3232 Member

Feb 11, 2008
    I'm the wrap biz and I could give a rats *** what Sergio says.

18. DOGraphics

DOGraphics Very Active Member

Aug 9, 2007

I'm not in the wrap biz and I couldn't give two rat's azzes.

Is he still a member here at 101?

19. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Now that's funny. :ROFLMAO:

20. miguelon.lizarraga

miguelon.lizarraga Active Member

Apr 4, 2009
    To be honest with you, he is probably one of the most selfless, giving, whole hearted loving person I have ever met... I just got off the phone with him a couple of days and we text back and forth every day...

He has been showing me more and more every day how to get my business more and more into wraps than ever...

I know him personally, and until you ALL do, well, I really dont think you have ANY place to talk... but that's my personal view on things...

Sergio doesnt care what goes on or said on 101 about him, what he does care about, he is doing right now which is his family, and making the best D^%$ wrap facility in the nation. And I will be there the first week he is open to be there with him while he does it... :)