• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Serif font

Colin

Any ideas on this one?

Attachments

• font.jpg
    font.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 54

Colin

You put us all to shame Tiki. I have Californian FB, and Bold, but not Roman. Dang.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Interestingly enough ... I'm testing a new font ID program and it had Californian as its top choice while Berkeley OS didn't even make the list.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

I will be posting a review in due course. It's a very interesting product that addresses most of the shortcomings of my FontFinder™ program as well as the FontExpert program that we distributed for a while. Most importantly, it is much more user friendly than either program I've mentioned. It has one serious shortcoming which isn't much of a problem for me but would be for most users.

Stay tuned. :Cool 2:

SignosaurusRex

I find it interesting that it did not include Berkeley OS. Is it that precise?
I'm looking forward to hearing more about the new program.

Attachments

• cordova.jpg
    cordova.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 66

Colin

I guess I haven't been paying attention; I'm not familiar with FontFinder or FontExpert.

A brief history?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I find it interesting that it did not include Berkeley OS. Is it that precise?
I'm looking forward to hearing more about the new program.

It may have had something to do with the quality of the original sample. Using your samples with the same letters the program finds both in the top 15 matches and ranks the 4% different depending on which sample is used.