• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Serious cutting issues with Graphtec!

palmimports

Tried re-adjusting the roller positions... that helped.

Oh, and got ahold of Sign Warehouse. Looks like they'll be helping me work it out. Kudos guys.
we have the SAME problem with our Summas- the problem can be fixed by adding additional pinch rollers- specifically in the center as the material BOWES up- we use polycarbonate lam every day over vinyl- had the same problems for a year and finally fixed it with a 3rd pinch roller
Joe

iSign

if it says Graphtec... that is what it is. I think Re-Branded... means they took that name off, & put on some other SW name. they are then allowed to sell it as having been "made by graphtec" ...but are not allowed to sell it with the name graphtec on it. This would be because of the difficiencies mentioned above on the re-branded ones. Graphtec was willing to make inferior machines by the thousands because it was a lucrative contract... but they weren't willing to water down the high level reputation there own quality products have enjoyed for so long, just for this SW contract.

Arcane

I am having issues with this as well and was wondering how complicated adding new pinch rollers was, and how much they cost. I have only had this cutter for 2 days but I bought it specifically to cut thicker materials because the cutter in my print/cut wasn't up to the task. Now I run into the bowing material and scratches and need to get it fixed ASAP. If anyone has any info or could throw me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Dustin.

chopper

ARCANE do you have the same type of plotter a graphtec??
or diffrent?
if you have a signwahre house graphtec all you have to do is order a new pinch roller from SW and take the mounting rail off on the far end and slide the new pinch roller on and reinstall the end of the rail at least thats the way it was on mine unless they have changed the design in the last few years
//chopper

Arcane

its a FC7000-75, not rebranded... and hopefully not too hard to add a new one.. doesnt look too complicated, but then again i've never had one apart.

Flame
I know this is an old post but I am having the same problem. I've been cutting 14 mil with very little problem but I am now trying to cut 18 mil and the blade is dragging while going from cut to cut. I was wondering what you did to solve this problem.

Thanks

Flame

I jimmy rigged the plotter, not advisable. I'm buying a flatbed plotter now, forget the pinch roller versions... :p

InkjetAuction

FC8000 Tool Up Height Adjustment

Graphtec fixed this issue with the FC8000 series.

With the FC8000-series, Graphtec added a Tool Up Height adjustment. It can be set from 0 to 4mm (equal to 157 mils). You set this via the control panel.

The FC8000 series can cut materials upto 59 mils thick.

~E

woolly

on my fc7000 i bought a cheap roland blade holder off ebay and made a sleeve to make it fit. this allows you to fit the holder higher in the mounting so the blade clears the material whilst moving between cuts.

woolly

fusiongraphix

found a temparary fix too the draggin problem

I had the same problem with my FC7000-130. Were cutting 20mil stuff and it always dragged.. I fixed it by building a table the exact same height as the plotter platen and when the vinyl comes out of the cutter it stays flat so it doesnt force the vinyl to crease.. it helped for us.. pretty much still a pain in the A though..

I have a question for some of you grapthec users though, We have been cutting 20mil vinyl for two years now with this FC7000-130.. were using the blue blade holder which is the K15UA i think? 60 degree blade and I have the force maxed out and were also using perforations set to 4 so it cuts all the way through.. all of a sudden were having problems with it not cutting all the way through.. Im wondering if after years of abuse will they lose there force and is there a way a graphtec tech can go into the internal system of it and bump it up a bit to cut better..

Thanks for any help!

Flame

I had the same problem with my FC7000-130. Were cutting 20mil stuff and it always dragged.. I fixed it by building a table the exact same height as the plotter platen and when the vinyl comes out of the cutter it stays flat so it doesnt force the vinyl to crease.. it helped for us.. pretty much still a pain in the A though..

I have a question for some of you grapthec users though, We have been cutting 20mil vinyl for two years now with this FC7000-130.. were using the blue blade holder which is the K15UA i think? 60 degree blade and I have the force maxed out and were also using perforations set to 4 so it cuts all the way through.. all of a sudden were having problems with it not cutting all the way through.. Im wondering if after years of abuse will they lose there force and is there a way a graphtec tech can go into the internal system of it and bump it up a bit to cut better..

Thanks for any help!

Tyson, is that you?

Sublime

I have had the same problem as well with the Mimaki CG 160 cutter. Still have not figured it out yet. Tried diferent blades and speeds to no avail. Pinch rollers did a little, but not enough.
Let me know how you go Flame.

3dsignco

Old post I know
but you may also lighten up your Pinch Rollers.. There is a lever on the back of them that adjusts the pressure. On thick material flip them up as it seem you may have too much pressure hence the material bowing.

Flame

Old post I know
but you may also lighten up your Pinch Rollers.. There is a lever on the back of them that adjusts the pressure. On thick material flip them up as it seem you may have too much pressure hence the material bowing.

One of the first things I tried... it just won't work on this style of plotter, end of story. That's my conclusion.

waximoff

Flame,
I originally had the same problem with my machine. Same one. I had to reprint numerous sets for customers.. Not happy.
If its on anything other than your mx stuff... I don't know what to tell you.
If it's ONLY on the thick laminated mx stuff.. I have a process that stops it. I haven't had a scratch in 5 months.