• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Serious ink overflow - Falcon Outdoor

aha!creative

I installed a new magenta cartridge on Friday of last week. The nozzle checks seemed brownish in color so I ran an thorough cleaning cycle on it and printed a banner yesterday. Colors were still a little off so I ran another cleaning cycle and nozzle check. I came in this morning and there was a HUGE puddle of ink all over the floor. The waste ink tank was overflowing and my entire Magenta cartridge is now empty. I ran one 2' x 3' banner and did a few nozzle checks and now a freshly purchased cartridge is empty.

Any advice/thoughts/ideas?

Thank you!!!!

randya

It will ultimately needs to be replaced.
Short term though - there are 2 layers of 'sponge', you can carefully remove one, making sure that the remaining layer is seated properly, that should buy you some time.

You need to get one of the new cap stations with the wire mesh to keep the pads from swelling. It sucks when this happens, I come home from vacation last year to the same problem except is sucked all three color cartridge dry two of which were brand new. Haven't had any problems since they added the wire mech to the caps.

aha!creative

Any suggestions on the best place to get a wire mesh sponge? DO i have to replace the entire capping station or just swap out the sponges?

You have to replace the entire cap station. I would check with solventinkjet.com. They are merchant members here and have the best prices I have found for the falcon printers.

aha!creative

Great thanks. Just got off the phone with Mutoh. They are standing firm that this is a consumables issue not a defective sponge problem, even though they now make the sponges metal mesh so resolve this issue. Hmmm...

Also, it looks like the ink overflow shorted out my Ink Waste Bottle switch. So, I'll be buying one of those too. Great.

Thanks for the suggestions.

bmatlock5

mutoh tech has been given information that i believe logically explains why the caps are swelling in falcons. how they pursue that information is up to them, but hopefully they take a look at it closer.