• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seriously need mimaki tech/experienced opinion

adseureka

Hey all,

So I have just replaced our Mimaki JV3-160S not SP's Head-2. This machine is a three head machine, K-M/C-Y/LcLm in that order from left to right when servicing. So I have just replaced Head-2 with a brand new head from mimaki for this machine. And I need a lot of info on Head ID's! I need to know if Head ID's are Head specific, or are general for head placement... in other words if I, for instance, replaced head 1(K-M), bought a new (K-M) head and put said new head in place of the old would there now be a specific need for a new head ID assigned to the new head? OR do every head have their own ID that needs to be input? I can clarify but any info will help me!
Thanks!!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are conflicting opinions on this matter. Some say the head ID sets voltages and fine tunes the head and some say the head ID is just a serial number for the head which resets the fire count. I believe it is just a serial number as I have installed heads both ways and have seen no discernible difference. You might as well put the head ID in anyway as it can't hurt and it is the proper way, according to the manual, to install the head. The head ID should be on a sticker on the head manifold and you enter it into the printer in service mode. If you already have the head in and can't see the ID sticker, I wouldn't worry too much about it.