• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Call 0010...?

LivinLarge

I am hoping this is all part of the same problem that I am having with VP540 just disconnecting when ever she feels like it! :banghead:

But...and I did search here (maybe need to get better at that...as I got every thread that had service or call in it) does any VP540 owner now what that Service Call 0010 stands for??

and as usual....thanks so much!!

CS-SignSupply

Error Code 0010 - Network I/F Initialize has not been
completed.

Check the firmware is installed into Network I/F.
Main Board replacement

Browse your VP540 IP Address using Internet Browser and check the firmware version number.

If it is up to date, it could be bad NIC, bad cable, bad router, bad VP540 board.

CS-SignSupply

Most of the time, disconnects are caused by bad switch/router. Also, make sure you are using a "Switch" or "router". An old style "Network HUB" will not work the same.

LivinLarge

Man you guys are GREAT!!

as to not take up a lot of space... http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74792

This just started happening out of the blue...the whole disconnecting thing. its just random during printing...sometimes a few inches into it sometimes a foot or so.

but as of this morning...I got Service Call 0010 on the printer screen.

and knowing my luck...anyone have an idea of a main board replacement cost?

LivinLarge

under warranty.....wouldn't that be a perfect world!! No...no such luck. ALL out of pocket do to an issue with the dealer that I bought it from and not getting my original date right.

Ok....I am sitting down....lay it on me...price???????

How do i know if firmware is up to date or not?

LivinLarge

have reboot and no more Service Call msg...

NOW...NO MORE CONNECTION! i have reboot and reboot and NOTHING! before it was at least connecting...not anymore!

I was all ready dreading yesterday only to run into today!

Thanks Ciber for all your help!

LivinLarge

ok just another question....wouldn't something else go wrong if it were the main board? i mean it sound serious...so why would the screen work or there not be any CONSTANT error codes or some bells and whistles going off?!?!?!?

Anyone looking for a Roland Paperweight?

CS-SignSupply

Did you upgrade the firmware from 3.0 to 3.8 and then get nothing?

Have you tried connecting printer direct to a different PC using a CrossOver cable?

DCaptDan

ok just another question....wouldn't something else go wrong if it were the main board? i mean it sound serious...so why would the screen work or there not be any CONSTANT error codes or some bells and whistles going off?!?!?!?

Anyone looking for a Roland Paperweight?

The network card is built into the mainboard on that model so if there is a bad component in the network section, it won't necessarily affect the other functions of the mainboard.

graphixlee

0010 is a Network Interface problem. Maybe even the Main Board (ouch). I agree with whoever said test it with a Crossover Cable connected directly from your PC to the printer. That eliminates any network problems (hub, switch, router,etc.)

DCaptDan

0010 is a Network Interface problem. Maybe even the Main Board (ouch). I agree with whoever said test it with a Crossover Cable connected directly from your PC to the printer. That eliminates any network problems (hub, switch, router,etc.)

0010 is an internal problem with the printer. All external network components should have no bearing on this error. If upgrading or reinstalling the network firmware in the printer doesn't resolve the problem, you most likely need to change the mainboard.