• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service call 0104 - any advise is appreciated

dsign1

Hello,

I have recently replaced a Print head on my XJ-640 Soljet Pro (this is the first time I have attempted this on this machine). I purchased it used several months ago. When I was finished, I sent a few jobs to print with no problems. The following day, I received a "Service call 0104" error. I powered the machine off and then back on again and my error code did not re-appear. Continued printing and after my job was complete the error code returned when the head tried to return to its fixed position over the capping station. At this moment that I realized my heads were exposed and knew I needed to have them cap to avoid them drying out. I continued to turn the sub power button on and off again (about 5 times) until it would go through the initial cleaning stage upon start-up and finally give me my "Set up message" and I could see that the print heads were secure in the capping station so I left it alone over the weekend. Came in to work Monday and it turned on with no error message and was able to print another job. the "Service call 0104" re-appeared and once again I tried to turn the sub power off and on again but the error remained. Only THIS TIME I noticed the capping station was not going through its normal "start up cleaning cycle" (moving up and down along with wiping the heads clean) not knowing what to do I used the pipe tool to manually cap the heads to avoid them drying out...This is where my question comes in....

Before I power it up, and try to troubleshoot this problem, I am wondering if I can try to enter into service mode and see if I can reset my distance between the heads?
But before I do this I assume I need to manually lower the station with the pipe tool again?...if so do I need to return it to its lowest position where it was before I raised it? ...or should I just lower it enough for the print heads to be above the capping station about an inch or so???

In addition I noticed that the capping station is in need of being replaced (which I will do ASAP) so I am wondering if this error could possibly be a common error due to the capping station being dirty and binding when the print heads are lowered when it does its cleaning cycle?

any help is much appreciated

Shaninanigan

Hello! We had this error after replacing 2 head. What had happened was I raised up the cap tops to seal with the heads, I inadvertently raised it too high. A turn of the specialty tool that came with the machine and I was back in business.