Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Code 0110

Discussion in 'Roland' started by zmatalucci, Nov 14, 2007.

1. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Very Active Member

What the heck! As soon as my warranty expires, the printer starts acting up. Just as I'm half way through a 3'-10' banner, I get a "Service Call 0110" and everything stops.
    Any ideas as to what this is?

Tags:
  2. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
    All I found was this...

3. Kevin Dooley

Kevin Dooley Merchant Member Representative

Oct 19, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    I am not 100% sure, but I believe it is in reference to the encoder strip. I've had this error just once, cleaned the strip and haven't had it since.

5. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego CA USA
    You are correct. This error code (0110) references a problem with the Linear Encoder. I would:

1) Clean the encoder strip with IPA and a lint-free cloth. It is likely that this will solve the problem.
    2) Visually verify that the encoder strip is clean, with no ink or other scratches etc. If it is damaged, the strip will need to be replaced.
    3) The worst-case scenario is that the sensor itself has failed, and would need to be replaced.

Bob

6. zmatalucci

so this would explain the out of wack print-cut alignment.
    Time for an upgrade! Sp-540 4sale, wanted to buy xc-540( I wish )

7. mbarden

mbarden Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    I had tyhe same problem just after my warranty expired. My sensor had gone bad. I had to replace the strip and the smal laser that reads the encoder. Good luck.
    Mike B
    Big River Sign Co.

8. zmatalucci

mbarden,
    What did that cost you? My warranty has just expired as well.
    Is this what we call built in obsolecense:help:

9. the signman

the signman New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    hi, i have a problem on my sp300 it comes up with sp ??? instead of the usual sp 300 and then service call 1010 then unrecoverable limit sensor,,, how do i go about changing these please,, service mode wont let me get passed this message