Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Error 0110

Discussion in 'Roland' started by dgraphics, Jan 12, 2019.

1. dgraphics

dgraphics New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I get this error once or twice a year. I make sure the encoder strip is wiped with alcohol, if this does not make the machine run again there’s been times when I replace or flip my old encoder strip. This past week however, these steps were not enough to get my Roland vp 540 going again. I ended up replacing the encoder sensor which finally solved the issue. I hope this post helps.

2. No Lemon

No Lemon Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Phoenix Az
    I am going through this right now. I am wondering why the Roland piece is almost $300.00 and aftermarket ones are $20.00.

3. No Lemon

No Lemon Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Phoenix Az
    I ordered a encoder strip and sensor from Amazon and it works, I had to cut it to length and punch two holes in it. Under $50.00 fix.

4. jfiscus

jfiscus Adobe Shinobi

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    You can clean the sensor also, that was normally the cause of this error when I had a Roland.

5. No Lemon

No Lemon Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Phoenix Az
    I ordered the sensor just encase it was different for this strip since I didn't know. My printer was down and didn't want to take any chances. I did not use the new sensor.

6. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Merchant Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The Roland one says "Roland" on the box it comes in and that's about it.