• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

service manual for HP 9000s

swirls

Thanks jhilldesign.
I am new to this large format printing. I want to get familiar with this printer for i am going to be looking at a second hand one that someone is selling me.
Are there any know issue with these printers?

J Hill Designs

when they print, they print well...the hard solvents are a very dirty technology - need constant care and maintenance...

I got one used from an auction, probably hadnt been turned on in over 6 months with ink still in the lines... spent 2 weeks tearing it apart, cleaning out dried ink, etc...prints very well, just need love and care

swirls

Off the back i don't have that much work lined up for it right now, so i won't be in use everyday. Currently it is been used by the owner.
Whats the going rate on a second hand one? The one i am looking at when you work it out, to buy, is running about 7200US but it is already on the island so i don't have and shipping and clearing to deal with.

J Hill Designs

I would at least print a small swatch of all colors every day or two if not in production use (I have a rainbow gradient file set up for this)...not sure on going rate for used, but keep in mind new heads are $1500 each

also keep in mind you need RIP software

swirls

Noted. I am very appreciative of the comments. Hope i am not taking up your time.
The RIP software should be coming with it and it also have a bulk ink system installed i was told. Do they have a test print swatch file out there? I think i need to source a cleaning kit or something that can do it. Also, locate a ink and material supply place in the states for i am in Ja.

J Hill Designs

heres my 'not printing today' file - also works fairly well as a 'find out which head is printing poor and needs a look at' file

Attachments

• t2.pdf
    3.1 KB · Views: 112

swirls

Lol, that's very cute names for the file...
Are there any places that have good prices on ink and a wide variety of material?