• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

...Service Mode Code not working...

a Blind Hippo

heyo,

ive searched every thread on service mode for my SP-300 and cannot get access to service mode... just keeps saying "Service Mode Protected"

ive tried:

down, right, left, up, right, down, left, then hold left, down left, on

it wont work...

i tried to make sure i looked at every thread before posting... but i cant seem to figure it out..

Justin

a Blind Hippo

anyone else know any common errors? ive tried this code over and over and have had no luck....
cant seem to find anything in the search...

adrock

Mine is down, right, left, up, right, down, left and then hold left, down, right and power.

That's how it works on my XC540 anyways, should be the same for an SP?

Last edited:

jhanson

The combination spells the letters SV (presumably for "SerVice"), but backwards.

So the first sequence is pressing in series DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, UP, followed immediately by holding RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT in that order. Then press power.

The timing is tricky; sometimes it takes me two to three times to get it right if I delay too long in any one place.

jhanson

I'm a little confused why everyone in the other thread said to first spell out the "V" from left to right, then hold the buttons from right to left. Every Roland I've tried the combination on works if you just press and hold the buttons for the V from right to left, without pressing them once first.

Remember: the letters are drawn BACKWARDS.

S (sequential): down, right, left, up
V (hold): right, down, left

adrock

^ I've never done it that way. But that works for me too. I've always done the 7 button presses then held the 4.
I've got no more ideas for the OP, sounds like it should be working...

Last edited:

J Hill Designs

the main thing I think is speed...are you pausing at all? (I dont have a roland, but that seemed to be the consensus in the other thread)

jhanson

Each button press should only take 1 second at most, with minimal delay between keypresses. I always have to run through the whole sequence quickly, then hit power while holding the last 3.

Like I said before, the timing is critical -- if I don't get it right, the machines here will beep at me and tell me that service mode is protected.

splizaat

:)

Attachments

• service mode.jpg
    service mode.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 118

Jack Knight1979

Your timing is off. If you get the protected error, your doing it right, but at the wrong speed. The key sequence should be a fluid motion. The process should take about three to four seconds.