• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service mode is protected

Tim

This comes up when I try to go into service mode to replace a head on my sp300-v. I am using the service manual and it says nothing about this happening or bypassing it. My Roland rep does not know about that happening either. Anyone out there that could help with this? Thanks in advance!!:thankyou:

Last edited:

Fatboy

There is definitely a thread on here that deals with that. I cant believe your service rep don't know about how to bypass this. How does he then work on your machine if he does not know how to get into service mode.
I am getting sick of these Roland reps that want to run their own little Mafia.

I will look for the thread and post the link.

Fatboy

Try this Roland service code : Down, Right, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, then press Left, Down, Right in the same time + Power on.
Hope that helps!

Tim

Hi Fatboy,
Thanks for the input. No luck. I am trying by disconnecting the power source, then i will try again...i'll let you know.
All the Best!

Fatboy

keep on trying.Take a bit of practice.If you dont come right I will mail you in the morning.It is nightime in Africa

flshirtguy

Great advice Fatboy, thanks. The only tweak that I had was after disconnecting and reconnecting power supply, entering in button pattern, I held down; down, right, left, THEN pressed power button. when I tried to press them all at relatively the same time, I could not access service mode. The main key was disconnecting the power supply and reconnecting. Thanks again though!