• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Service Mode Protected" and Blown Fuses on XC-540

grandprixse94

I hope that you can help me with a couple of things for a used XC-540 that I recently bought:

- I cannot enter service mode…when I press the buttons for the service mode, I get “Service Mode Protected.” How do I get around this?

- I replaced 3 heads and took the other 3 out and flushed/cleaned them really well. After cleaning with solution, I sprayed them down with alcohol and used an air compressor to dry them. The #2 & #3 sets of heads would not fire, and I narrowed down that the #2 & #3 fuses blew. I replaced the fuses, but they blew again. I assume that moisture still remaining on the head shorted it. Are there any other possibilities – and do you think any damage is done to the heads or just the fuses need replaced? I noticed one of the print head cables had a pin hole through it, so I am going to replace it – but that would only contribute to the problem on one fuse.

I really appreciate any help you can give.

adrock

I hope that you can help me with a couple of things for a used XC-540 that I recently bought:

- I cannot enter service mode…when I press the buttons for the service mode, I get “Service Mode Protected.” How do I get around this?

- I replaced 3 heads and took the other 3 out and flushed/cleaned them really well. After cleaning with solution, I sprayed them down with alcohol and used an air compressor to dry them. The #2 & #3 sets of heads would not fire, and I narrowed down that the #2 & #3 fuses blew. I replaced the fuses, but they blew again. I assume that moisture still remaining on the head shorted it. Are there any other possibilities – and do you think any damage is done to the heads or just the fuses need replaced? I noticed one of the print head cables had a pin hole through it, so I am going to replace it – but that would only contribute to the problem on one fuse.

To get into service mode you need to hit the following keys with the power off: down, right, left, up, right, down, left and then press and hold left, down, right and power.

feckmo

I just had a similar problem on an XC-540 with a shorting head. I had to send the Head Board out for repair and replace the offending head. When I did that, everything worked again (although the printer is now printing with a SERIOUS magenta cast).

Hope this helps.