Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Service Mode Protected" and Blown Fuses on XC-540

Discussion in 'Roland' started by grandprixse94, Aug 7, 2011.

1. grandprixse94

grandprixse94 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    I hope that you can help me with a couple of things for a used XC-540 that I recently bought:

- I cannot enter service mode…when I press the buttons for the service mode, I get “Service Mode Protected.” How do I get around this?

- I replaced 3 heads and took the other 3 out and flushed/cleaned them really well. After cleaning with solution, I sprayed them down with alcohol and used an air compressor to dry them. The #2 & #3 sets of heads would not fire, and I narrowed down that the #2 & #3 fuses blew. I replaced the fuses, but they blew again. I assume that moisture still remaining on the head shorted it. Are there any other possibilities – and do you think any damage is done to the heads or just the fuses need replaced? I noticed one of the print head cables had a pin hole through it, so I am going to replace it – but that would only contribute to the problem on one fuse.

I really appreciate any help you can give.

Tags:
  2. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    service

I have it send me a pm and let me know your email and printer type

3. adrock

adrock Member

Nov 19, 2009
    BC
    To get into service mode you need to hit the following keys with the power off: down, right, left, up, right, down, left and then press and hold left, down, right and power.

4. feckmo

feckmo Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    I just had a similar problem on an XC-540 with a shorting head. I had to send the Head Board out for repair and replace the offending head. When I did that, everything worked again (although the printer is now printing with a SERIOUS magenta cast).

Hope this helps.