• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Pack 1 for 8.6v2

PMG

Anyone else having issues downloading it from sai updater web page...... when i download it it will not open.

PMG

Ya i just installed the v2 update from v1 no problem now i go to get the service pack for v2 and it will not open:frustrated: it is asking me what i want to open the file with...its not a exe file that i can see.

Make sure that the application package was what was downloaded. Sometimes the PHP file downloads in place of the app. It should be about 6.7 MB in size.

Bob

PMG

ya its 6.7 mb when ya download it ,it has no icon like its missing or something ....hmmm

Charlie J

thats what i got. no icon. i clicked and told it to open with flexi but that didn't seem to do anything.

PMG

i just tryed it on my laptop using Vista and got the same problem as with the XP work Pc..so i take it the problem is on SAIs end.........:banghead:

cgsigns_jamie

It should be an EXE file. You wouldn't open that using flexi. You should be able to download the file to your desktop then double click it to start the update.

PMG

it says its a exe file of 6.7mb but no icon is there on both pcs and when ya click on the file it say open with.................

onesmf

Just another update after update after update after update after update. Anyway, you get the point. I have yet to figure out why all of these software designers create all of these updates. If you are having a problem downloading them, don't sweat it. Look into all of the web 2.0 technology and you will see why all of these updates are initiated. If it doesn't download, do not panic. Your PC and software will function properly. Web 2.0 is driving many of these updates. In other words, you are being watched by big brother. Seriously, read up on the web 2.0 technology. Most of these updates pertain to making you more tracker friendly. Food for thought. Make a great day for yourself!