• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Service Tech

whgjettdesigns

Anybody know of a good service tech in the west ky area? I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr. I am just needing basic service done to over the winter. Can someone help me out?

whgjettdesigns

JUST WANT TO MAINLY TAKE THE HEADS OFF TO GIVE THEM A NEW CLEANING, AND JUST MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS UP TO ITS BEST ABILITIES. i DONT WANNA TAKE THE HEADS OUT BECAUSE i DONT KNOW HOW TO ALLIGN THEM BACK.

tbaker

are you planning on taking your printer out of service, is that what you intend? If so, you don't need to pull the heads, you need to flush the system free of ink.

Williams Signs

Just pulled mine all apart to work on it. Replaced dampers, Capping Station, O rings, rebuilt the pump and took the heads out and flushed them real good trying to straighten out misdirected nozzles.

Stealth Ryder

Again, there is NO reason to remove the Heads unless you intend to replace them... Actually, I would very strongly advise against doing this unless you intend to replace them... You are cleaning internally, not the externally... There are many Techs out there, I am one who would love to charge you to come do this for you but truth is you would be wasting money to do what you are asking for... Now, servicing your machine is a really good idea and I strongly suggest you do hire a Tech to do this but please do not insist this be done unless the Tech suggest this be done... If you are not having problems with the Heads, leave them alone other than normal cleaning & maintenance...

tbaker

I'm with stealth ryder on this, while it's a great idea to periodically pull things apart and clean them, I'd never recommend pulling heads out as part of that procedure. I'm a service tech, it's what I do for a living, and while I applaud users for being proactive in their maintenance programs, try to keep it in moderation. Dampers, orings, and the like ok, actually pulling heads, rebuilding pumps, or even replacing the cap station, is something I'd let the professionals handle.

Williams Signs

Used to be an up certified tech. The only reason I done all this to my machine is because I was having problems. First time I done this to my machine, but it was time for maintenance. I was also a certified copier repair tech.

whgjettdesigns

Again, there is NO reason to remove the Heads unless you intend to replace them... Actually, I would very strongly advise against doing this unless you intend to replace them... You are cleaning internally, not the externally... There are many Techs out there, I am one who would love to charge you to come do this for you but truth is you would be wasting money to do what you are asking for... Now, servicing your machine is a really good idea and I strongly suggest you do hire a Tech to do this but please do not insist this be done unless the Tech suggest this be done... If you are not having problems with the Heads, leave them alone other than normal cleaning & maintenance...

my main problem is very small ink splatter that will get on say if im printing colors and have white in it somewhere there will be very small color fragments on the white. any advice?

bpgraphics

I'm looking for service tech for my mutoh 1614

I'm looking for a good service tech in Tampa Florida area? I have a Mutoh 1614 I am just needing basic servicer.

Thnak for your help.

randya

my main problem is very small ink splatter that will get on say if im printing colors and have white in it somewhere there will be very small color fragments on the white. any advice?

This could be related to static, or a sign that the head may be nearing the end of it's live cycle.

Are you running in low head height?
You should also be running with the head fan off.

petesign

Another cause for the spatter can be a tiny little piece of fuzz, especially if it's always the same color. Look very carefully at the corners of your print head with a flashlight, and see if you see anything hanging down. If you use Q-tips to clean around the head, or sometimes the edges of banner material can get a little fuzz on there - then ink drops down it and spatters.