• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help set ink type alert

Signturesigns

do you know if there is anyway to get around having the printer dump my inks? When I turn on the printer it asks me to "set ink type" when I select the option that its a CMYKLCLM inks it then asks me to confirm drain bottle is in place - when I select enter it one by one goes thru each ink color and begins draining the ink into the drain bottle. When I shut off the machine from the back and turn back on it takes me right back to the same screen (to select ink type) even if I do a soft power down when i power down the machine automatically powers back on and take me thru this process again. I keep dumping ink!

The printer wont even allow me to go into service mode. No clue what its doing but it will not allow me to move forward without allowing it to go thru this process of draining each ink cartridge.

C5 Service&Repair

basically the printer thinks its a new machine and wants to know which ink you are installing (since it thinks its new, its expecting ink to be installed).
You need to go into service mode (it should allow that if youre doing it correctly) and go into the ink menu and set it there.
I'm guessing you did a head wash or pump up that removes the ink type from the memory.

Signturesigns

Thanks, do you know what the cleaning cartridge is used for? Im about to buy the below cleaning cartridge for 39 bucks at Grimco.com and allow it to dump that cleaner out instead of my expensive inks. What do we use the cleaner for? Do you think this would work?

20/20 Cleaning Cartridge – 220 mL
20/20 Cleaning Cartridge – 220 mL

Technician

Drive it hard
Why don’t you fool the printer and disconnect the pump so it thinks it pumping and it can do the proses with out losing your ink.

Signturesigns

Why don’t you fool the printer and disconnect the pump so it thinks it pumping and it can do the proses with out losing your ink.
I thought about doing that but because the printer will not allow me to get itnto service mode. (its locked me out) im convcerned that if I discounnted the pump it will read an error that its disconnected and to reconnect it first.

Technician

Drive it hard
I thought about doing that but because the printer will not allow me to get itnto service mode. (its locked me out) im convcerned that if I discounnted the pump it will read an error that its disconnected and to reconnect it first.
I’m pretty sure it will not make any errors

C5 Service&Repair

don't put in cleaner carts. no need to disconnect the pump. turn on the printer in service mode, go to ink type in the menu and select your configuration. done.