• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting blade pressure

Rogue

Pardon if this post is redundant, but I recently had an ancient Graphtec vinyl cutter replaced with a new FC8000 and no updated training on the new bells and whistles. I tried viewing the User Guide CD that came with it but that just frustrated me even more! I then began pushing buttons on the "Menu" screen and was overwhelmed by the plethora of options...most of which I have no frippin' clue what they mean! (I know, I know...when I have time I really need to sit down and read the manual...my bad)

My question: How do you adjust the pressure of the blade when cutting vinyl? I'm cutting Scotchacal 220 and I'm used to the blade making a slight imprint on the liner paper after weeding. This doesn't seem to be the case on this new machine and I don't really want to extend the blade out further just to achieve this.

Suggestions?

"Deposit Please"

You may want to look in that manual of yours. In that manual, there is a chart breakdown on what settings to use for particular material. It covers media being used, thickness, type of blade, force, speed, quality and much more additional info.

Rogue

Great...

*looks around*

Now what did I do with that manual?

I'm guessing that in the Manual it also tells you what buttons to push on the cutter Menu option to get to the read out for blade pressure?