Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting defaults: stroke weight and black

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by BlueFishDesigns, Mar 30, 2010.

1. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Is it possible to change the default of the stroke weight? The default is 1 point but I would like it to be .25.

Also, I would like to change my default black from 0,0,0,100 to 30,30,30,100. Everytime I click black I have to change it.

Help anyone?
    Thanks!

oh - I have Illy CS4.

Tags:
  2. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    I made a custom swatch library of spot colors that match my vinyl colors, each one gets sets to whatever CMYK value I wanted. I included a process black & a rich black. Once this swatch is loaded in, you can set it to persistent so it always loads.

3. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    For Macintosh
    Save your work and close Illustrator. Open the Finder and then go to Go > Home > Preferences. Look for a folder called Adobe Illustrator settings. In the folder is a file called Adobe Illustrator Prefs. Drag this file to the trash. Empty the trash and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.
    You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Command + Option + Control while opening the program. If you will get a dialog asking if you want to delete the settings folder, say yes. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

For Windows
    Save your work and close Illustrator. Double click on My Computer on your desktop and open C:>Documents and Settings > User >Application Data > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator Settings. Inside this folder is a file called AIPrefs. Drag this file to the trash, and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.
    You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Control + Alt while launching the program. If you get a dialog asking if you want to delete the Adobe Illustrator settings folder, click yes to proceed. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

4. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    Awesome answer, Gypsy! Thanks!

Malking - I've created custom swatches before but when I reopen Illy, they're not there anymore!

You guys rock! Thanks!