• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting defaults: stroke weight and black

GoodPeopleFlags

Is it possible to change the default of the stroke weight? The default is 1 point but I would like it to be .25.

Also, I would like to change my default black from 0,0,0,100 to 30,30,30,100. Everytime I click black I have to change it.

Help anyone?
Thanks!

oh - I have Illy CS4.

Malkin

I made a custom swatch library of spot colors that match my vinyl colors, each one gets sets to whatever CMYK value I wanted. I included a process black & a rich black. Once this swatch is loaded in, you can set it to persistent so it always loads.

GypsyGraphics

For Macintosh
Save your work and close Illustrator. Open the Finder and then go to Go > Home > Preferences. Look for a folder called Adobe Illustrator settings. In the folder is a file called Adobe Illustrator Prefs. Drag this file to the trash. Empty the trash and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.
You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Command + Option + Control while opening the program. If you will get a dialog asking if you want to delete the settings folder, say yes. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

For Windows
Save your work and close Illustrator. Double click on My Computer on your desktop and open C:>Documents and Settings > User >Application Data > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator Settings. Inside this folder is a file called AIPrefs. Drag this file to the trash, and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.
You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Control + Alt while launching the program. If you get a dialog asking if you want to delete the Adobe Illustrator settings folder, click yes to proceed. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

GoodPeopleFlags

Awesome answer, Gypsy! Thanks!

Malking - I've created custom swatches before but when I reopen Illy, they're not there anymore!

You guys rock! Thanks!