• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting for large JPG

Colin

I'm printing a 7 MB 4'x8' JPG real estate illustration (no lettering).

In VersaWorks, under the Quality tab, > Interpolation, which setting will result in the best image quality:

- Nearest Neighbor

- Bi-Linear

- Bi-Cubic

Ponto

I would think the profile selected would take care of that but when in doubt and time permits, print small swatches of the fullscale job at different settings to see if the results are worth sweating over........enjoy!

JP

Ponto

Configuring the interpolation used for scaling

Select the interpolation to use for scaling from the [Interpolation] list. The characteristics of the interpolation settings are as follows:

Nearest Neighbor
Lowest quality, but the processing speed is high.
Bi-Linear
Standard quality and processing speed.
Bi-Cubic
High quality but low processing speed.

...and there you have it in a nutshell.............

JP

Colin

When you drop it into VW. What is the size at when it's 100% in VW?

I doubt 8x4.

The file I received was 7 MB. It wasn't perfectly shaped to a 4x8 (a tiny bit out), so I brought it into Photoshop CS 5.5 and cropped it to 48.37" x 96.25" (inches), so VW isn't re-sizing it.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Colin what are the pixel dimensions?
If it is not being re sized it won't need to be interpolated.

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I find it hard to believe that a raster image at full size is only going to be 7 MB and still look good.

What is the resolution ??

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you figure 72dpi at 4x8 you are pretty close with 5178x2602.
If the image is sharp at this original size going up to 4x8 is not going to degrade it very much at all. It would depend on what the image looks like.
What are printing on, banner - vinyl?
I'd go with bi-cubic and call it a day with the small re size you are looking at.

wayne k
guam usa

Colin

Printing on matte vinyl, going on coroplast.

How much slower is Bi-Cubic than Nearest Neighbor? I have two of these to do.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I don't run versaworks so I don't know but with that new win7 machine of yours I don't think the time difference would be much of an issue.
Coroplast is not exactly a fine art mounting material - I'd hit the print button and turn my attention to something more pressing... Like President Obama's plans to build a tunnel under the border into Canada.

wayne k
guam usa

Mosh

Send them to VW 25% and scale up. looks good for a realty sign. Realtors are hack customers looking for cheep for the most part anyways! looks at it from 50 feet not right up and it looks GREAT! Learn the ropes or get the "x" from the ref and not get another job from that booker.