• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting up a print and cut job in Onyx and Illustrator

Mata

Apologies, I am new to Onyx so I might sound a complete tool right now.

When I do a print and cut job, in the past I have used Illustrator to design it, duplicated my object layer and created a cut path then added a bleed to my original layer. Finally I would send it to Versaworks to print and cut.

I'm now working with Onyx and a Seperate 1600mm Epson printer and a S2 1200mm Summa cutter and not sure how to do this...

I assume I would do the exact same but send it to Onyx, is that right?

If so, is there a better way to add a bleed? sometimes when the image has multiple colours it's hard to add a bleed.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I use VW and Onyx - it's the same set up. Make sure you choose a cutter before you print it, then it will shoot the job to cut server and from there you do the cutting portion.

Let me know If I need to elaborate - this is the RD version :)

for the bleed, that can be tricky with different/overlapping colors. Sometimes I make a second copy of the artwork layer, pull it down below the real artwork layer, and add the bleeds to that.