Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up Graphtec to use with Illustrator

Discussion in 'Graphtec' started by kentsboots, Jul 10, 2011.

1. kentsboots

kentsboots New Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Im new to plotters, i have been having someone else cut my vinyl. I just got a Graphtec ce5000 60. And i just got Adobe CS4 package. I can use the plotter from the Robo cut Pro, but not from Illustrator...I have seen a few youtube tutorials that make it look as easy as saving the file format to ".dxf" file...but i dont see the option to do that...

Is there a good tutorial that i can look thru for using illustrator and the graphtec ?

Tags:
  2. S'N'S

S'N'S Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
  3. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    there is a plugin for Illustrator provided by Graphtec.

4. Kevin-shopVOX

Kevin-shopVOX Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Maine
    Yep thus is what you want...you will also have to a data change on the plotter itself through the menu interface. I can t remember the acronym but one starts with an h the other with a g.

5. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    you've already recieved the right advice... just wanted to say i have the same graphtec and using CS4 with cutting master download. you'll find tutorials on the graphtec site. with good clean files.... piece-o-cake... you'll be cutting away in no time.

6. Case

Case Member

Jul 21, 2004
    IN

Yes, the plugin requires the GPGL language to work properly...

Case

7. Double Diamond

Double Diamond Member

Jul 11, 2009
    BTW... just in case your running a 64 bit windows, and you probably are not, it will most likely not work. I found this out and had to reload windows 32 bit and cuttingmaster works quick and easy.

8. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    It works on 64 bit Windows 7 with no issues.

If it's 64 bit XP then most things do not work.

Next time if you are using Windows 7 64bit before doing a reload try going to the app properties and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" in the Comparability tab.