• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting up Graphtec to use with Illustrator

kentsboots

Im new to plotters, i have been having someone else cut my vinyl. I just got a Graphtec ce5000 60. And i just got Adobe CS4 package. I can use the plotter from the Robo cut Pro, but not from Illustrator...I have seen a few youtube tutorials that make it look as easy as saving the file format to ".dxf" file...but i dont see the option to do that...

Is there a good tutorial that i can look thru for using illustrator and the graphtec ?

GypsyGraphics

Is there a good tutorial that i can look thru for using illustrator and the graphtec ?

you've already recieved the right advice... just wanted to say i have the same graphtec and using CS4 with cutting master download. you'll find tutorials on the graphtec site. with good clean files.... piece-o-cake... you'll be cutting away in no time.

Case

Yep thus is what you want...you will also have to a data change on the plotter itself through the menu interface. I can t remember the acronym but one starts with an h the other with a g.

Yes, the plugin requires the GPGL language to work properly...

Case

Double Diamond

BTW... just in case your running a 64 bit windows, and you probably are not, it will most likely not work. I found this out and had to reload windows 32 bit and cuttingmaster works quick and easy.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
It works on 64 bit Windows 7 with no issues.

If it's 64 bit XP then most things do not work.

Next time if you are using Windows 7 64bit before doing a reload try going to the app properties and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" in the Comparability tab.