• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting up my Roland Soljet XC-540 HELP

Signturesigns

Hi When I turn on my roland sol jet XC-540 it is asking me to select the ink type

either Esol Max CMYKMC or E-Sol MAX LCLM -

When I click esol max CMYK one it says install drain bottle then it says filling ink.... then it says remove Sol CL inks 2,3,8,9,

When I power off and start the printer up it prompts me again with what type of ink and when I select Esol Max LCLM it says install drain bottle; when I click next it says filling ink, and from there it says cancelled for motor protection!

What do you think is causing this and how do I move on so I can print

ProPDF

your ink pump motor is overheating usually from dried ink inside the pump lines not causing it to rotate freely or with more resistance then normal. Shut the printer off for about an hour, unhook the pumps completely and let it just spin after you restart it in an hour. The pump motor shouldn't get hot and complete the function of ink fill. If you are going to choose ink types and on a budget I would seriously consider cmykmc and not the lclm.

Signturesigns

OK. Thank you I will try this. Attached is the type of ink I am using. I am assuming this is the CMYK MC type right? I am buying it for 85 bucks each

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.33.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.33.21 AM.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 115