• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting voltage for new print head in Gerber edge

alistair

I have a Gerber edge LE that i'm going to swap the head on, what i need to know is a)how to change the voltage? and b) how to work out the voltage needed for the new head based on the resistance?

Hielorojo

I have a Gerber edge LE that i'm going to swap the head on, what i need to know is a)how to change the voltage? and b) how to work out the voltage needed for the new head based on the resistance?
Hello there, I just to send a private message, sorry for the delay but I had ill over 1 month but now I can help you.
Best Regards

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I know there is a rheostat pot on the board under the right hand lower cover. It is about in the middle of the board.

I used to use it on some colors to adjust the temp of the print head because the liner wouldnt release correctly. Keep in mind this was back in the early 90s when Flexi first started to drive the gerbers. I never used omega with an Edge or HS15. I always sent my stuff to Plotter Dr for repairs.

Hielorojo

I know there is a rheostat pot on the board under the right hand lower cover. It is about in the middle of the board.

I used to use it on some colors to adjust the temp of the print head because the liner wouldnt release correctly. Keep in mind this was back in the early 90s when Flexi first started to drive the gerbers. I never used omega with an Edge or HS15. I always sent my stuff to Plotter Dr for repairs.
Really is a variable resistor(sorry but I dont know the name in English) where you change the printhead voltage, if you give more voltage, the printhead resistor go up and the temperature rise up, if you not "adjust" the variable resistor with the correct value for your printhead you can break your printhead. It is true that the higher the voltage the temperature will be higher and therefore melts better the resin of the cartridge being able to get better impression in certain colors, but this is not recommended at all

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Back then half of what we did with the edge was not recommended. I remember Orange and some greens where the worst at releasing from the liner. At that time we were double hitting colors, printing on the liner paper, printing lexan equipment panels from stock we had custom punched and slit, and other various "NOT" recommended things. I still run an edge 2. There are some decals that an inkjet just cant make.