• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Settings for Gerber EnVision

Hi all! First post... Need help...

I just started at this shop and while I have weeded and installed vinyl, I am sort of a novice at cutting. The blad was just changed blade in our gerber plotter and I am having some trouble with getting the settings correct.

The depth seems ok, the pressure is good, but the corners are a problem... When I do a test cut with a circle and a square the square comes out looking like a word bubble with straight sides (round corners on all sides with a pointy tail on the forth). Also, my cirlces are round, kind of mishappen... the cut doesn't meet quite right.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jake

theskipman_98

sounds like an offset problem. with out the unit anymore I can't remember how to adjust it.

re: the offsets are automatic on this machine. the proper offset is done by selecting the appropriate material you are cutting. but there are time you need to over ride the auto adjustments, ie using vinyl not profiled by Gerber, etc.

http://www.gspinc.com/downloads/PDF/fastfacts/literature/enVision_Users_Manual.pdf

go to page 32 and read up on how to adjust for this. it even shows how to "read" your test square.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: