• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

setup sheet/cancelling.....

CrAkD

Hello all,

My Roland sp-300v has begun cancelling prints right in the middle of printing. The print carriage just stops it says cancelling on the screen and it's completely frozen only way for me to clear it is to power cycle the secondary power on the side.

The other thing it's been doing is when it's just sitting idle but powered on it'll start beeping and displaying "setup sheet" once again completely frozen only way to clear it is to power cycle secondary power.

I've tried everything from clearing out my versaworks que, updating versaworks to current updated the printer firmware to current, new USB cable, shrunk filesizes of graphics. Before it would only do it on large eps or pdf files now it's starting to do it on simple Jpegs as well.....

I am thinking whatever is triggering "setup sheet" well it's idle is the same thing that's happening during printing because of it lost setup during printing wouldn't it cancel? That's what happens if you lift the lever.....

I'm starting to get pretty frustrated I'm passing on many jobs now because it's not working and I'm not any closer to figuring out the issue. The only thing I can think of is maybe the main board needs a repair I tried emailing a place that repairs them and ask but no response.

Thank you in advance to anyone that replies and if anyone is or knows any technicians in the Boston area send them my way I'll pay I just have to get this thing fixed!!

Ragnabrok

flaky connection on the pinch roller up/down interrupt sensor is a possible one, can't think of much else that would cause that outside a board going wonky.