Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sewing machine for banners and textiles

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by KingsofWraps, Sep 19, 2019.

1. What sewing machine do you guys recommend for latex printers? Mainly for double sided banners but something that doesnt scratch gen 3 inks and may be used for latex fabric printing as well.

Tags:
  2. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    Juki

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    I will say that I've been loving my Leister Hemtek ST. Our Juki's don't really do anything anymore. Not sure you can use the Hemtek for flags and such though. Haven't tried that.

4. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    Juki 1560 Double Needle with .5" needle spacing. I used to heat weld but stitch everything now.

5. That’s interesting, one of you like the heat weld and the other likes the Juki. I have Julia I guess I’ll have to get the Hemtek! Maybe you two should do an online debate…

6. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Stick with your name brand commercial versions. I would suggest along with twin needles to see about getting dual feed (akin to walking foot but better integrated into the machine).