• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sewing machine or serger?

Bogie

My girlfriend has discovered that she's likely to get "hem banner" duty occasionally. She is telling me that a serger machine is what I need. I was just planning on getting an old Singer sewing machine, or something like that...

Checkers

If a serger machine is a dual needle machine, then I would say that she is correct.
Wesing your own banners in-house has been discussed a lot here. Do a search and see what you find.

Checkers

Merlin

Sewing Machine

My girlfriend has discovered that she's likely to get "hem banner" duty occasionally. She is telling me that a serger machine is what I need. I was just planning on getting an old Singer sewing machine, or something like that...

My wife said a sewing machine is just fine. That is what she used on ours. The tape works quite well, too. :thumb:

mystysue

I dont believe it is a serger that you want.. for example.. look at the seam inside your t-shirt.. where its a zigzag seam with it cut off right by the seam.. that is what sergers do.. You just need a heavy duty machine..