• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SG-300 double cutting everything.

bayviewsignworks

Using latest VW and illustrator Cloud subscription.

All of a sudden now every job I send the machine is double cutting; even using previously used files that worked fine. Roland is saying to save as a PDF instead of an eps file. I've restarted everything but it seems to be a know issue. Thoughts? Solutions?

DesireeM

I'm not seeing that option when I save as an eps. I'd use PDF but I always have to resize my document. That's fine for small jobs but for very large jobs it can be problematic.

Did you click on the link he has in his reply? There's a step-by step explanation on where to find that option. The link seems to apply to files loaded in VW Dual and that have transparencies.

bayviewsignworks

.oo1 seemed to do it for the Stroke size. Transparency thing didn't work because I had a complex region (gradient). Would be nice of Rokland to tell us that.

I printed a whole job using a PDF and the black wasn't really a rich black. Yeah I could create the color as rich black but what do I do with spot colors, which i print a lot of? EPS is just so much easier and more reliable.