• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help sg-540 Sevice 0380 Error Message / 2_ flashing & beeping

Jo-Lin

Started to print today and got the error message Service Call 0380.

Searched for troubleshooting tips and took the following steps:
  1. turned printer off
  2. unplugged printer
  3. Waited 5-minutes
  4. Plugged back in
  5. Turned back on
  6. New message on panel screen reads 1| 2_|3|4| with 2_ (underscore flashing and printer beeping)
  7. Re-did steps 1-3 then
  8. Removed Magenta cartridge (which still has ink)
  9. Replaced Magenta with new cartridge
  10. Re-did steps 4-5 and am still getting the same message in step 6 above
  11. Printer is now off and unplugged - awaiting suggestions or tips to help me get back to work!
Printer is out of warranty and no one is available at Roland to speak with. I am a newbie at operating the printer and not a techie, but need to get it up and printing. Sure appreciate any and all assistance you can offer.

Thank you in advance,
Jo-Lin
Lindberg Mfg. Co
Arroyo Grande, CA

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Please post a pic of the screen showing the error code. I know you described it, but I need a pic for clarity to help you. It is a pressure pump timeout related to a damper.

Jo-Lin

Copy of File_000.jpeg

Here is the panel. Sure hope you can offer a fix based on this.
Thank you for your help.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
This may be a repair that you want a tech to do, depending upon your skills, as you said you are not a techie. See the attached for the possible causes. They mostly revolve around the magenta damper and its associated fill sensor. Let me know how you want to proceed...

Attachments

• SC-540 error 0380.jpg
    SC-540 error 0380.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 508

Jo-Lin

UPDATE:
Many thanks for the help! Turns out the Sensor Interrupter (OJ-535S-A5) was the culprit. After speaking to Denco Tech Support, who I had the good fortune of reaching by phone - I was advised it could be the RFID-MODULE for the Magenta and/or the Sensor Interrupter. After removing both the left and rear cover panels and trying to figure out how to get to the RFID MODULE, I was sweating bullets as now I could not reach tech support and to add to my anxiety their email server was on the blink.

With no time to waste, I removed all the ink cartridges as I thought for sure I was gonna need to remove more to get to the RFID-Module then I realized the Sensor Interrupter was directly in my path so I started there. Again to my good fortune I have a computer tech friend, so we facetimed so I could show him where the sensor was attached and he walked me through removing it. As I replaced the Sensor I noticed the small metal shelf it sits upon was not lined up like the other inks, so I gently tweaked it slightly into a better position. About that time I got a call from Duffy at Denco and he shared that the shifting is a common issue that occurs from removing and replacing the ink cartridge case clumsily. (Note to self - be more mindful with the cartridges). The best news is once I plugged the printer back and flipped it on, it began a liquid fill. Just ran a test print and I am happy to report that even after being down and off an ENTIRE WEEK, the test print is PERFECT. Gotta love the new TR2 inks!

Hope this helps anyone who has this issue. Now back to business!

Jo-Lin

UPDATE;
Back to the same error message and now machine will not print. Advised it is NOT the senor for the damper on the printhead. Unfortunately it did not occur to me to keep the parts removed, so I may have trashed perfectly good working parts ($72+) and several hours of work to replace. :(

Will update as soon as I have more details. Waiting on NEW replacement parts. NOTE TO SELF: Keep parts as they may/may not be BAD/DEFECTIVE.

Miguel CABIT

UPDATE;
Back to the same error message and now machine will not print. Advised it is NOT the senor for the damper on the printhead. Unfortunately it did not occur to me to keep the parts removed, so I may have trashed perfectly good working parts ($72+) and several hours of work to replace. :(

Will update as soon as I have more details. Waiting on NEW replacement parts. NOTE TO SELF: Keep parts as they may/may not be BAD/DEFECTIVE.

You have check your pump?I have 0380 [0040] , after check It was the pump.

Attachments

• 20210328_162215.jpg
    20210328_162215.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 385