Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SG300 ink changes density

Discussion in 'Roland' started by p_vassilis, Mar 22, 2020.

1. p_vassilis

p_vassilis New Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Greece
    Hello all,

I have an SG300 with TE inks (official Roland ink for emerging markets) and print on Hotmark1792 transfer vinyl from VWDual which runs on Win10. I created a custom media profile using i1 profiler and the result was excellent. After a couple of days my prints came out reddish. I then printed a calibration strip (density control only) and measured it. To my surprise, the magenta was totally different. When profiling, the 100% magenta measured L* 54 a* 66 b* -20 (I didn't limit it) and after those couple of days it measured L* 46 a*73 b* -13. I haven't replaced the ink pouch, I always get an excellent test print, the environmental conditions are stable and within specs, the media is from the same roll. I cannot understand why this change, if you have any thoughts or suggestions please share.

Vassilis P.

Tags: